Well. Shit. I have been woefully absent, I guess. I mean: I’ve been present. Just not here. I think about it a lot. All the things I’d like to say. But then I get overwhelmed by all the things I’m supposed to be doing. You know how it is.
I am working on my best of 2015 mix tape. I will post it here soon. I know it’s late because, well, we’re well into 2016, but here’s the thing: I am a busy person. I’m working on it (the mix tape and the busy-ness).
Today is the day that daylight savings starts, which means that today is one of my favorite days of the year. The light lasts longer, and I need it.
Listen: I bought a house. That’s probably the biggest thing that happened in 2015. It was great but it was also hard to move out of my beautiful apartment. I really loved that apartment. Some times were had in that apartment. We’re making new times in the house. You should come be part of the new times.
I don’t know what else to tell you. Otherwise: I did the things I always do. Like:
- I made some shows.
- I ate a lot of tacos.
- I took a lot of pictures of Isobel and Yoshimi.
- I mowed the lawn (because that’s the sort of thing I do now, I mow the lawn and sweat and drink water).
- On more than one occasion, I threw my hands up in the air and got drunk. Was I frustrated? Was I celebrating? It can be both. Even at the same time.
- I made some new friends. (Did I? That claim is not actually verifiable. Wait, no: it’s true. Ryan, for instance, who in 2014 was my student, but when 2015 rolled around: we became friends. LA and I even went to see Lana Del Rey and Courtney Love with him at Red Rocks. I would call that friendship.OH! And Ligia! She moved into my apartment and I was so relieved that someone so nice was moving in!)
- Kelsie came to visit. She was here a long time and I loved every minute of it, but I think that’s because when we get sick of each other we can just dick around on our phones. Also: John came to visit, Adam came to visit, Charlotte came to visit, and Juliet moved to Colorado!
- I read (and re-read) a lot of books. 48.5 to be exact. I liked them all.
- I made a Bitmoji. I think it’s pretty spot on.
- I tried to listen to the Universe. (Is this a sign? I found it in one of my classrooms last semester.)
- I had a terrible time.
- I had a great time.
That’s all I have for now. But tunes are coming soon. Good ones.